While some people install video doorbells in their homes, others prefer non-video doorbells. If you’re the type that wants a wireless, non-video doorbell that can withstand any cold or harsh weather, go for a physen doorbell.
Physen Doorbell is a wireless doorbell designed to give you the best home security. It is a battery-operated bell ringer suitable for everyone, even those with impaired hearing.
The doorbell has some features that are almost the same as smart doorbells.
You can buy the doorbell here on Amazon
Components of a physen doorbell kits
- 2 push buttons
- 3 receiver
- 2, 12V, 23A Alkaline Battery
- 1 screwdriver
- 2 screws and anchors
- 1 user manual
- 2 double-sided adhesive tape
Reasons physen doorbell is good for you
- 52 doorbell chimes: The doorbell has 52 selectable ringing tones, including the classic ding dong tone. You can assign a different tone to each push button, making it easier to know which door a visitor is.
- Long operating range: The doorbell has a long operating range of 500-1000 feet in an open space. This means you can hear the bell tone from afar, about 300 meters away.
But when there is an obstruction like walls, doors, and electrical equipment between the push button and the bell chime, it will lower the operating range. Mounting the push button on or around a metallic object can also reduce the operating range.
- Waterproof push button: Physen push button has protection against water spray. This means you can mount it in, or outdoors without the fear of rain.
- 4 level adjustable volume: This wireless doorbell has 4 levels of adjustable volume, giving you the chance to select your choice volume.
- Low power consumption: The doorbell doesn’t consume battery, its battery can last for over one year.
- Expandable: The wireless doorbell comes with 2 push button and 3 receivers, meaning you can extend coverage. You can also configure multiple receivers to ring with different tones to let you know which door has a visitor.
- Flashing light for those with hearing difficulty: Apart from the loud ringing volume of this smart bell, it also flashes light while ringing. This gives visual notification to those with impaired hearing.
- Has a memory function: If your doorbell runs down because of a power outage, it can still remember your last tone and ringing volume. No need to reset.
What you should know before installing the doorbell
Unlike other doorbells that require wiring, physen is easy to install. But before the installation, here are certain things you need to know.
- The transmitter and the receiver should be paired, and the tone set to default “ding dong” or your choice of tone.
- You should not mount the transmitter on a metal surface since it can block the RF signal between the transmitter and receiver.
- While mounting the transmitter outdoors, shield it to prevent quick ageing.
- Low battery status can reduce the operating range of your doorbell.
Physen doorbell pairing
To pair your transmitter with a receiver, follow these steps:
- Select your favourite ringing tone
- Press and hold the volume control button for about 5 seconds until it plays a “ding dong” sound, and also flashing light, to enter pairing mode.
- Press the transmitters button to signal the receiver when the pairing is successful. If the doorbell sync is successful, the receiver will play the selected tone automatically.
To pair over one transmitter and receiver, follow the same process and pair each of them.
Note: pairing mode will quit after completion.
Physen doorbell set up and installation
Installation of this doorbell is quite easy. For the transmitter, screw in the push button to the front door, or stick it down with adhesive tape.
The doorbell chime can be plugged into an electrical outlet or socket.
Troubleshooting a physen waterproof doorbell
There are two major problems common with physen doorbell. They include:
- Reduced operating range
- The receiver doesn’t sound.
If the operating range of your doorbell has reduced, it could be because of the following :
- They mount the push button on metallic substance
- Your doorbell battery is weak. It is advisable to replace the battery every 12 to 18th months.
- There is an obstruction between the push button and the chime. The obstruction may be from walls, door frames or other equipment.
Receiver doesn’t sound
If the receiver doesn’t ring when you press the push button, check the following.
- You may not have paired the transmitter with the receiver
- The receiver may be out of range of the doorbell button
- You may have reduced the ringing volume
- The plug-in of the receiver may be loose
- Check the doorbell button battery, it may be weak.