Quality tools deliver significant results, and we use them in our field service. We have used electrical testers from Fluke, Extech, Megger, and other manufacturers and also know their qualities.
If you want to buy or rent a quality tester for troubleshooting and repairs, here is a place to get it.
Electrical testing equipment rental near me
Technicians who use test instruments don’t need to rent, rather buy. This is to save his time and money in the long run. But if for any reason you wish to rent, here are the places to get them.
Want to buy quality tools? Below are the electrical testing equipment to choose from
Having been in an electrical installation for a long time, we know the quality and inferior tools. The below-listed equipment is standard and is used for electrical testing. We selected them out of experience. Pick any of your choices.
1. Ground Resistance Tester
This instrument helps to check for grounding faults or earth leakage. Earthing plays a protective role in our homes. It connects outlets and lighting arrestors to the ground.
When there is an overvoltage or lightning strike, currents flow through the electrode to the ground.
Earthing also prevents electric-shock and other hazards. That is why the international standards recommend the test every 3 years.
Since the test is so important, you will need an accurate and high-quality tester that will last.
In such a case, Extech Ground Resistance Tester Kit comes in.
Why Extech testing instruments?
Before we chose Extech as our number one equipment, we used other detectors. And here are our reasons.
- It is very strong, reliable and will last for many years
- multipurpose, meaning it can measure AC/DC voltage, resistance, and also continuity test.
- Can also measure earth resistance ranging from 20 to 2000 ohm.
- Comes with automatic zero settings and data hold features
- Easy to read
- Has a back-lit LCD to help you when taking measurements in a low light area. It also has battery charge, test status, and audible signal indicators.
- Has a “test hold button” that allows you to save the latest data measurement as long as you want it.
That’s it. For more details about the tester, customer review and current price, check it on Amazon
Megohmmeter insulation testers
The tester measures the resistance between the live wires and the earth. Thus showing the amount of current that escapes from the insulating material.
It can also measure the resistance of generators, switchgear, and motors. Etc.
Because we measure resistance in megohms, the tester is also called a megohmmeter.
You can still test resistance with Extech, but for a wider range of measurements, we would recommend Klein insulation testers. It has similar features with Extech but measures a wider range of insulation resistance up to 4000MΩ at 125 volt, 250V, 500V, and 1000V DC.
A clamp is an electrical test tool that has a multimeter and probe for measuring current and voltage.
The tool has a hinged jaw for easy clamping on wires, cables and conductors to measure current without disconnection.
Out of the many clamps we have used for voltage testing, kaiweets digital clamp remains the best. While it is among the cheapest in the market, the tool has outstanding features that can fasten your work.
Below are the features.
- It is a multi-purpose tool that can calibrate AC/DC current, AC/DC voltage, frequency, capacitance, continuity, diode and temperature.
- Easy to use both in factories, laboratories, and homes.
- Automatic shutdown after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Has low input impedance which prevents false reading of ghost voltage.
- Non-contact voltage detection features which help to measure voltage without touching the wires.
- Has LCD back-lit which helps when working in a dark environment.
That’s it. For more details about the voltage tester, review and latest prices, check Amazon.
This measuring instrument is multi-purpose, it can measure current, resistance and voltage. They are of two types, the analog, and digital multimeters (DMMs).
Analog multimeters use a microammeter with a moving pointer to display readings, while digitals display numeric readings. Digital multimeters are more accurate, cheaper, and easier to use.
If you are in need of calibration equipment, go for digital ones. At mariaelectricals.com, we use AstroAI digital multimeter, and here are our reasons.
- It is easy to use
- Has multi-functional features and can measure AC/DC voltage, DC current, diode, transistor, resistance and also check continuity.
- Can hold data
- Has overload indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Backlights for visibility in dark areas
- One-year warranty plus other features.
For more details about the circuit tester and the current price, check on Amazon.
Electrical wire tracers
This tool helps to find the location of wire when it is behind walls or underground. A faulty wire can be hard to trace if they bury it underground, but with cable tracers, it will be easy.
Out of all the wire tracers in the market, Klein cable tracer remains the best. This is because of its quality. I build it with a strong plastic casing, and an angled bed of nails (ABN) for gripping wires.
The tool is easy to use and comes with five distinct tones to detect different wires. It can also detect wires that are 1000 ft away.
For more reviews and the current price of the tracer, check it out on Amazon.